Harem pants can be worn with flats, heels, or boots; the latter is especially good for fall and winter days when you don’t want to wear your stilettos (which will sink into the muddy ground). And after all, this kind of hose does provide an opportunity to wear flatforms – shoes that are gaining more popularity among stylists lately because of their futuristic look.
Why do women prefer wearing harem pants?
This is a common question, which is hard to answer. The best way would be if the trousers were available in various colors and fabrics. But apparently, it’s not what most women are looking for. So let’s leave out why they like their style so much and take a look at other reasons.
Another benefit of harem pants is their comfort and easiness of wearing them. The fact that they can be stretched in width more than jeans – for example, to fit a pregnant woman’s hips or be perfect for use by an athlete or dancer – certainly makes them popular among many women.
But what about the style? It’s hard to consider these trousers stylish when you see someone walking down the street with them. But take a look at celebrities’ outfits in magazines, there are lots of beautiful girls dressed in this fashion which makes it look very attractive.
Plus, if you are one of those who love experimenting with styles, try wearing your wide-legged pants inside-out. You’ll get a lovely checkered pattern that will definitely give your look an original twist.
So, if you don’t like the idea of wearing ordinary pants, switch to harem ones and enjoy your street style!
What colors or prints should I look for?
Harem pants come in so many different colors/color palettes these days that there is something for everyone out there! Colors that are fun, funky, or even flattering on any skin type are all around. I’ve seen more of a rust/orange color palette for harems which is lovely and flattering!
That being said, some colors/prints may be better to pair with than others, so I’ll go over what you should look for when shopping around.
When shopping for prints, try to find ones with some kind of earthy tone. Deep reds, oranges, browns, etc., are more easily paired with just about anything, while more bright, vibrant colors can be harder to work into everyday outfits since they’re not as adaptable without clashing against other pieces.
You’ll also want to look for pants that are more of a neutral color with a printed design on top. Typically pants/skirts/dresses that are already made up of multiple colors are harder to pair with since everything has to “match.”
That being said, harem pants are extremely versatile and can be worn pretty much anywhere!
To help you get started, here are some outfit ideas inspired by the prints shown above:
- Rust Colored – Black & White Striped Button-Up Shirt – Green Longsleeve Turtleneck – Camel Beanie – Brown Handbag
- Gray – Burgundy Hoodie Sweatshirt – Dark Wash Jeans
- Navy Blue – Black Striped Turtleneck – Burgundy Cardigan
- Orange – Brown Leather Ankle-Strap Shoes
- Green – Light Pink Button-Up Shirt – Camel Cardigan
What types of tops go with Harem Trousers?
It mostly depends on the style that you want to carry. If you want to give a casual look, tank tops would look great with harem trousers. For a day out with a friend, people prefer wearing crochet tops. If you are using pants for doing yoga, then an active top, which won’t restrict your movement in any way, would be best.
Do I have to wear heels with pants?
It’s been a question buzzing around the online world, “Do I have to wear heels with harem pants?” Many people want to know if they need that extra lift when wearing their exotic styles. While it depends on you and what look you’re going for, we have some tips for those looking into finding the best shoes to match their harems pants.
Here are pretty simple things you can take into consideration before picking out your shoes:
- How long will I be wearing my harems? (i.e., Will I be standing most of the time or sitting)
- What is the function of my party/event? (i.e., Formal or Casual)
- Do I care more about comfort or style?
- What color are my harems pants?
- If you answered “yes” to questions 1 & 2, heels are probably the best choice.
- If you’re attending an outdoor party that is more casual, flats would be your best bet. Solid color pants will look great with just about any shoe, so nothing too flashy! Please keep it simple and classy for this one.
- If you answered “yes” to question 3, there are comfy styles out there that sacrifice a little of the style factor but still, get the job done nicely. There are plenty of wedges on the market today that have some cushioning, which is great for your feet! Also, consider buying new insoles for special occasions – just pop them in your shoes for that extra comfort.
- For those of you who answered “no” to question 1, stick to flats! Flat sandals are great because you can wear them with casual or dressy pants – so they are great for all functions! If it’s hot outside, boat shoes are an excellent alternative to any flat shoe. They have arch support, which is so important when being on your feet all day. Also, consider the color of your pant! A nude tone will match pretty much anything – black shoes may be too harsh against light harems, which is not very flattering.